Have not done chiffon cake for a long time. Got some free time during last Saturday afternoon, so try this recipe which was in my to do list long ago...
5 egg yolk
50g castor sugar
80ml corn oil
½ tsp vanilla essence
6 egg white
70g castor sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar
105g superlite flour / cake flour
3g baking powder
15g cocoa powder
30ml hot water
1) Beat A till light yellow colour.
2) Warm B over hot water then add into A and mix well.
3) Sift D 2 to 3 times. Add into step 2 and mix well.
4) Mix E till well combined.
5) In a separate bowl, beat egg white till bubble, add in cream of tartar and beat till white form, then add in sugar over 3 interval, then beat the egg white till stiff peak.
6) Add 1/3 portion of egg white to the egg yolk mixture, lightly mix it together, then add the egg yolk mixture back to the rest egg white and lightly mix well.
7) Remove ¼ portion of mixture from step 6 in a bowl, add in cocoa mixture and mix till well combined.
8) Pour some plain batter into tube pan, then pour some cocoa mixture into pan, follow by rest of plain batter, then pour in the rest of the cocoa mixture. Level out the batter with a spatular.
9) Lastly hold the tube pan few inches away from the table and drop it on the table with a ‘bang’.
Bake the cake in preheated 180°C oven for about 40min or till fully cooked.