Have not made chiffon cake for a long time, finally made it after numerous request from Trenyce, as I don't have pandan leave at that moment so I use pandan paste for this cake. This round I took reference from the basic chiffon cake recipe of 曾美子's chiffon book.
A. 5 Egg yolk
50g castor sugar
B. 80ml coconut milk
80ml corn oil
1 tsp pandan paste
C. 120g cake flour
3g baking powder
D. 6 egg white
60g castor sugar
⅛ tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven at 180°C.
2. Beat A. till thick and light yellow in colour.
3. Mix together B and add it into step 2. and mix well.
4. Add egg white into clean bowl and beat till forming, add cream of tartar, continue to beat till forming becomes thick white colour add in sugar over three times while beating, beat till its stiff peak.
5. Sift C 2-3 times.
6. Mix ⅓ portion of egg white to 3. mix well, add ½ portion of flour into 3. mix well, then another ⅓ portion of egg white to 3 mix well, then add 2nd half portion of flour in to 3 and mix well and lastly pour the mixture back in to bowl with the last portion of egg white and mix well.
7. Pour batter into chiffon tin, even out the surface, lift it about a few inch above table and drop it with a ‘bang’, put the pan into oven and bake for 40-45min. Check that the skewer comes out clean without batter when inserted into the center portion before removing the pan from oven.
8. Invert the pan and let the cake cool completely before removing cake from tin.