Kenny kept requesting for muffin recently and the thought of using the mini cups that my friend bought for me sometime ago. The cups were much attractive than my other brown paper muffin cups, also the size also will not be too much for the kids, its just 1 adult mouth portion. This round I tried using creaming method to make these muffins. Recipe from Matha Day's Complete baking book...
150g plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
55g butter, at room temperature
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 medium banana, mashed
55g macadamia nuts, chopped
5 tbsp milk
1) Preheat oven to 190°C.
2) Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl. Set aside.
3) With electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla beat until fluffy. Mix in the banana.
4) Add in the macadamia nuts. With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
5) Spoon the mixture onto the prepared muffin cups, filling them two third full. Bake until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean, 20-25min.
6) Let muffin cool on wire rack.