I bake the cake in two loaf tins as I intended to pass one loaf to my friend Ann Nee whom helped me get some baking ingredients.
The original recipe added blueberry filling and slice apple on the top of the cake, I prefer to use frozen or fresh blueberry. Recipe from Kevin Chai's I love butter cake book.
250g butter – thaw at room temp for about half hour
150g caster/fine sugar (original recipe is 200g)
Sift together200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g frozen/fresh blueberry
1. Preheat oven to 170-180°C. Greased and line a 20cm (8inch) square baking tin.
2. Cut butter into smaller piece, place in mixing bowl. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Colour of mixture should be pale yellow.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. The mixture should looks like butter cream before adding another egg.
4. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, mix well. Spread some batter into prepared tin. Sprinkle some blueberries in the batter.
5. After spreading all the batter in baking tin, place some blueberries on top of the batter. Bake in lower rack of oven for 40min(180°C) or 60min(170°C) or until cooked.