Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Orange Juice Chicken Wings

This dish was created for the kids, I know that if I deep fried the wings the kids will love it but I don't want them to eat too much deep fried food. Kenny suggested to cook orange juice chicken wings for them. Randal doesn't like the wings saying it taste a bit too sweet, Kenny and I find the taste were ok. If I do this dish again I will adjust the taste with some other sauces.



Ingredients:
8 mid joint wings
1tbsp ginger- sliced

Marinade:
1tsp salt
dash of pepper

Seasoning:
Juice from 2 oranges
Orange zest from 1 orange
2 tbsp water
1 ½ tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
cornstarch--1tbsp cornflour mix with 3tbsp water

Method:
1. Wash and clean chicken wings, add in marinade and marinate for half hour.

2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok, add in ginger and fry till fragrant. Add in wings and pan fry the wings till cook. Remove and set aside.

3. Add in seasoning except cornstarch into wok and bring to boil, add in wings and stir fry awhile, add in cornstarch bit by bit and stir till the sauce thickens. Remove from wok and serve.

No comments: