I hardly made cookies, unless I have the mood to do it. I think my brain is getting a bit rusty. I made mistake in this recipe. Was thinking that doing double the recipe cos 1 portion may not be enough, the dough end up too soft and I have to pipe out the dough, so I didn't sweep the milk as mention in the recipe. Days later then I realised that I should made the dough portion by portion instead of multiply the original recipe. Recipe from the book Biscuit Code .
120g plain flour (sifted)
2tbsp rice flour (sifted)
60g castor sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
50g grounded cashew nuts
adequate cashew nuts(for decoration)
1. Beat butter, castor sugar and egg till light and fluffy. Add vanilla essence.
2. Fold in sifted ingredients and ground cashew nuts mix to a dough.
3. Cover and chill for 30min.
4. Roll dough in between 2 sheets of grease proof paper, and cut with a cookie cutter.
5. Place cookies on greased baking tray. Sweep with milk.