I can't get ready made radish cake at the supermarket and feel like eating fried radish cake, so I did this recipe but twisted the recipe a little to my preferred taste and texture, so I didn't add chinese sauage into the filling.
500g radish (peeled, shredded)
100g dried shrimps – soaked and chopped
60g chopped salted radish (chai po) – soak in hot water to get rid of its saltiness
1tbsp chopped shallots
300g rice flour
1tbsp corn flour
1tbsp wheat starch
1tsp caster sugar
½ tsp salt
1tsp sesame oil
1. Combined batter ingredients lightly, strain well and keep aside.
2. Filling: Heat up 2 tbsp oil in wok, sauté shallot till fragrant. Add in dried shrimps, chopped salted radish and seasoning, stir-fry briskly until aromatic.
3. Add radish shreds into the filling, stir well. Then gradually add in batter, and keep stirring, cook at low heat until thicken. Dish out, pour into greased 8” square/round cake tin, and level the surface.
4. Steam in the preheated steamer in high heat for 35-40min until cooked though. Remove from heat, leave to cool.
5. Slice to at about 2cm thick and desired length , pan fry till light brown, serve warm.