Was craving for this soup, so flip thru some recipe books and found one recipe but I didn't follow all the way, the soup still taste nice...
300g sour vegetable (酸菜)
1 tsp peppercorn
1) Rinse duck, remove skin and excess fats, chop into big pieces. (I requested the poutry seller to do it for me)
2) Soak sour vegetable in water for an hour. Cut into pieces.
3) Remove skin of carrot, cut into chunks.
4) Crack open the peppercorn slightly with a stone miller. Bruise ginger with stone miller.
5) Scald duck in hot water for 3 minutes, remove and set aside.
6) Put all ingredients except tomatoes in pot, add 2500ml water and let it bring to boil over high fire, boil for 20min then turn to low fire and let boil for another 45min or till duck meat become soft.
7) Cut tomatoes into half or quarter. Add into soup 15min before turn off the fire.