Friday, September 25, 2009

Baked Salmon with Butter

Saw this dish in a book and thought its very quick and easy to do, I don't really like to cook salmon due its fishy smell during pan frying, but Trenyce love salmon so I try to find other
method of cooking salmon, instead of the pan fry version with teriyaki sauce. This dish turn out quite nice, doesn't smell as fishy as the usual pan fried version...

Ingredients:

Slice of salmon

some enoki mushroom (I use whats available at home i.e. king oyster mushroom)

1/4 sprig green onion (I don't have it so didn't add)

some shredded green and red bell pepper (I don't have it so didn't add)

30g butter

4 slice lemon

1 tbsp mirin } I added these for better taste

pinch of salt }

Aluminum foil



Method:

1. Wash salmon and pat dry, seasoned with a little salt.

2. Cut away roots of mushroom, sliced (for king oyster mushroom), wash and strain.

3. Brush some butter on aluminum foil to avoid stickiness. Put in salmon, lemon slice, mushroom, bell pepper, add in mirin sequentially, and seal the opening.

4. Bake salmon into preheated oven at 180degC for 8-10 min or until cooked.

No comments: