Made a simple tiramisu cake for my mum-in-law's birthday last weekend, but was told its not the day that I remembered..*blush*....still the family enjoyed the cake.
Reference of recipe from Phoon Huat demo class.
I use 8" square cake ring...
300g sponge finger
50g brown sugar
10g coffee powder
1 tsp coffee emulco
some coffee liquor per individual preference
-Put all ingredients in a pot except liquor and coffee emulco, bring it to boil, let it cool completely then add in emulco and liquor.
50g caster sugar
100g coffee liquor
3 tsp coffee powder
12g gelatin powder } mix together and place over double boil till gelatin dissolves
36ml water }
3 egg yolk
250g mascarpone cheese (thaw 1 hour before use)
250g whipping cream
1. Beat whipping cream till soft peak and keep chilled.
2. Boil sugar, coffee powder and coffee liquor until sugar dissolves, cool a little, add in gelatin and egg yolk and stir till well combined.
3. Break the cheese into small piece and stir till it resemble thick cream, add in step 2, stir till combined, add in whipping cream, stir till well combined.
4. Wrap the bottom of cake ring with aluminum foil, place it on a cake board, place 1 layer of sponge finger in cake ring then brush with coffee syrup(can soak sponge finger with syrup then place in cake ring), pour half potion of cheese cream on top of sponge finger, spread the cheese evenly, lay another layer of sponge finger then brush with coffee syrup(can pour more syrup over the sponge fingers, pour the 2nd half of the cheese cream on top of sponge finger spread the cheese evenly. Keep chilled overnite or at least 4 hours.
5. Remove ring(can use hairdryer to blow the outside of the ring for easier removal of ring), dust with cocoa powder and serve chilled.