Friday, October 16, 2009

Shrimp Paste Chicken wings

The taste of shrimp paste chicken wings recipe that I tried previously was abit too salty, have been finding a better recipe, thus the bottle of shrimp paste have being sitting in the fridge for a long while. After hearing my colleague's advise on using the prawn paste, I created this recipe and the taste of the wings turns out ok except the color as I don't want to use red coloring like those selling in the market...all give thumbs up for this dish...



Ingredients:


Half kg wings

½ tsp Grated ginger paste

1 tbsp LKK shrimp paste

1 tbsp cooking wine

1 tbsp sesame oil

1 ½ -2 tbsp sugar

Tapioca starch for coating

Method:

1. Rinse wings and marinate with the rest of the ingredients for a few hours in the fridge.

2. Remove wings from marinate bowl, coat each wing with tapioca starch, deep fried till golden color.

3 comments:

HK Choo said...

I also have the bottle in the fridge, been ages...aging, hhaha..

I thought the red colour comes from the nam yue and not colouring?

Jennifer said...

I have asked the cook who did this dish in our factory canteen and he said is coloring, you can try with nam yee, for me since its for own consumption so color is not important.

HK Choo said...

Now I see the wings in another light (red light), hahah...ya, true like you said, personal consumption...color is secondary, health more important. :)