Tuesday, May 4, 2010

XO sauce

Attempt 1 portion of the xo sauce from the lesson in Chef cooking studio, forgot to buy chilli padi on the day that I planned to cook the sauce so this batch of sauce is not as spicy as those that we tried from the class but I like it. Its not a difficult recipe but cutting the yunan ham and salted fish really push my arm power to the limit...



XO sauce is like a very useful sauce, besides using it as a dipping sauce, we also eat it with plain rice, and most of all used it for doing dishes like stir-fry asparagus...


This dish do not required seasoning, 6 large prawns, 1 capcicum, some slice carrot and about 6-8 asparagus, stir fry the prawn and vegetables with some oil, stir in a little water then seasoned with one and half tablespoon of xo sauce, stir fry a while and its done. Simple and fast dish.

4 comments:

bk said...

you know my sample xo sauce is still sitting in my fridge since the day I come back from class :) hahaha....

Well done !

Jennifer said...

Thanks bk.

I made about 5 bottles and gave 2 away. Already finish 1 bottle.

Anonymous said...

Any plans of posting this recipe? Thanks

Jennifer said...

There's ingredient in the recipe thats not commonly available in the supermarket, thus I will not post the recipe. There are many XO sauce recipe available in the internet, think should be quite good.