Attempt recipe from Alex Goh's new book 'Magic Bread', the recipes from this book uses a gelatinized dough which makes the bread soft and springy without using any bread improver...my shaping skill sucks so most of the bun wasn't shaped very well.
The soft texture of the bread doesn't last as long as expected, about 2 days later it turned abit hard.
A 100g bread flour
70g boiling water
B. 300g bread flour
100g plain flour
20g milk powder
9g instant yeast
C. 175g cold water
60g cold egg
D. 75g butter
E.300g raisins (I use 170g)
1. Add the boiling water from A into flour, mix intil well blended to form dough. Cover and set aside to cool.
Keep it into frigde for at least 12 hours.
2. Mix B until well blended. Add in C and knead to form rough dough. Add in A and knead till well blended.
3. Add in D and knead to form elastic dough. Add in E mix untill will blended,cover it cling film. Let it proof for 40 min.
4. Divide the dough into 80g each and mould it round. Let it rest 10min.
5. Flatten the dough and roll it into oval shape.
6. Place it onto greased pan and let proof for 45min.
7. Egg wash and cut the top portion with sharp knife. Place some butter on top and sprinkle with some sugar.
8. Place in the middle shelve of the oven, bake at 180 deg C for 12-15min.