I made this bread last weekend using breadnaker (it can be done by hand), its a soft and delicious bread, think the sweetness level will depend on the ripeness of the banana, as the banana I used was not very ripe so the bread turn out not so sweet. It taste like cake than bread ;)
300g ripe banana, weigh with skin on
2 tsp lemon juice
500g bread flour
2 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2tsp fast action dried yeast
175g milk chocolate (I use semi sweet chocolate chip)
icing sugar and cocoa powder to decorate (I omit this)
Makes 1 extra large loaf
1. Peel the banana and mash them on a plate with a fork, then work in the lemon juice.
2. Lift the tin out of the bread machine, fit the kneader blade then add the mashed bananas, measured cold water, milk powder and butter. Spoon in the flour then add in salt and sugar, Make a slight dip in the centre of the flour and sprinkle in the yeast.
3. Insert the tin into the bread machine. Shut the lid asn set to basic white/extra large 1kg loaf/ bake and select the preferred crust setting. Press start.
4. Dice the chocolate and add to the tin when the raisin beep sounds.Shut the lid and allow the programme to continue.
5. At the end of the programme, lift the tin out of the machine with oven gloves. Loosen the bread wth spatula and turn out on to a wire rack. Dust with sifted icing sugar and cocoa and leave to cool.