Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cookie & Cream Slice

Did this recipe per my gal's request, its really easy to do and no baking required. Recipe from October'13 Women Weekly magazine. I only did half recipe in a 7 inch sq ring.





Ingredients:

250g packet chocolate ripple biscuits, break(use any sweet biscuits, if unavailable) - I use 150 oreo cookies with its cream
100g unsalted butter, soften - I use 50 g of melted butter
2x250g cream cheese, soften and chop - I use 250g cream cheese
400ml thickened cream plus 200 ml extra for deco - I use 200ml dairy cream plus 100ml extra
1/2 cup caster sugar - I use 1/4 cup
3tsp powder gelatine - I use 1 1/2 tsp
1/4 cup just boiled water - I use half of 1/4 cup boiling water
150g packet Oreo biscuits, chop- I use 9 pcs of oreo sanwiched cookies
100g white chocolate, grate
mini oreos, to decorate

Method
1. Line base and slice of a 20x30cm slice pan with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge.

2. Place biscuit in a processor and process to form fine crumbs. Add butter and pluse to combine. Press mixture firmly onto base of pan. Chill for 30min.

3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, cream and sugar together using electric mixer, until smooth.

4. Sprinkle gelatine over just boiled water, whisking vigorously with a fork to dissolve. Beat into cream mixture. Fold chopped Oreos and chocolate through.

5. Spoon mixture onto base and smoothen the surface. Cover and chill overnite. Cute into slices.

6. Whip extra thickened cream. Serve each slice topped with a dollop of cream and 2 mini oreos.


No comments: