Made a chiffon cake with the chiffon cake tin bought in Tokyo when touring there last year. I like the brown crust from this cake tin compare to my other chiffon cake tins ...Recipe adapt from 福田淳子 - chiffon cake book.
130g caster sugar
5 egg yolk (I use appx. 55g egg without shell)
25ml salad oil ( I use corn oil)
25ml lemon juice
2/3 tsp lemon zest (I use zest of 1 whole lemon)
130g cake flour
2/3 tsp baking powder
8 egg white (as my eggs are larger so I only 7 egg whites)
(I added 1/4 tsp cream of tartar)
20 cm chiffon tin
Bake 180 deg C 40min for 20cm tin
- let cream cheese rest at room temp till it turn soft.
-Sift both cake flour and baking powder together.
1. Mix cream cheese and 1/3 portion of the sugar in a bowl, use a whisk and mix till well combine.
2. Add egg yolk one at a time and mix till well combine, add oil, lemon juice, milk and lemon zest and mix till well combined.
3. Add sifted flour mixture, use whisk and fold till a smooth batter.
4. Beat egg white, cream of tartar and balance sugar with electric mixer till soft peak.
5. Add 1/3 portion of egg white to egg batter (step 3), fold till combine, add the egg yolk batter and fold till well combined.
6. Pour batter into chiffon cake tin, bake for 40min, test with skewer to ensure cake is well baked (for my oven I baked for 50min). Remove cake from oven, invert cake and let it cool. Remove cake from tin, slice and serve.