800g sweet potato
Pinch of salt
1. Steam grated coconut with salt for about 10min. Set aside.
2. Boil sweet potato for 20min or till soft. The water should cover the sweet potato. Remove sweet potato and place it in food processor and blend it into mash form, add 2 tbsp of water when required.
3. Mix glutinous rice flour with mash sweet potato and knead to form a dough.
4. Chop gula melaka into small pieces, as small as possible.
5. Divide dough into smaller balls. Wrap each dough ball with 1/2 tsp of gula melaka pieces.
6. Bring a pot water to boil. Drop the dough ball in water and boil till the ball float.
7. Remove ball from pot and roll it on plate with the grated coconut.