200g cream cheese
26g cake flour
14g corn flour
4 egg yolk
1/4 tsp lemon juice
4 egg white
86g fine/castor sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1) Line bottom of 8" spring form cake tin with baking paper. Cut cream cheese into small pieces, place in a bowl and soak with milk for 30 minutes. Melt butter over double boil.
2) Place the cheese mixture over a pot of hot water and stir till there are no small particles of cheese, add in melted butter, stir till well combined, shut off fire and set aside to cool slightly.
3) Sieve in cake flour and corn flour, add in egg yolk, stir, lastly add in lemon juice and stir till combined. The batter should be very smooth, sieve the batter if there are some small particles.
4) Use mixer to beat egg white till foam, add in cream or tartar and beat till combined, add in sugar over 3 interval and beat egg white till soft peak.
5) Mix 1/3 portion of egg white onto cheese batter, then pour the cheese batter back to the remaining egg white, mix lightly till well combined.
6) Pour into 8" spring form cake tin or removeable base tin.
7) Preheat oven to 170deg C. Steam bake the cake for 15-20min till the top of the cake is of light brown color, then turn oven down to 150deg C, and bake for 40min. At the last 10-15min, check the color of the cake, if its brown enough, cover the top with aluminum foil to avoid the top becoming too brown or too dark color.
8) Turn off the oven and open the oven door a little, let the cake cool down in the oven for about 1 hour. Remove the cake from cake tin carefully. Chill the cake for about 2 hours, then serve.