Kuih lapis is one of my favorite kuih, tried this recipe from Popular Kuih Muih published by one publisher, but the batter was quite thick compare to the other recipe that I tried before so the thickness was difficult to manage.
350g rice flour
50g tapioca flour
5 pc pandan leaves knotted
400ml thick coconut milk
1. Mix A) in a mixing bowl, stir well.
2. Boil B) till bubbles, pour into A) and mix well.
3. Add in coconut milk and stir well.
4. Divide mixture into a few portions, add desire coloring.
5. Heat a greased 8" cake tin in a steamer, pour in a thin layer of white layer, steam for 5 min or until set.
6. Pour a layer of prefer colour mixture on top and steam 5 min till set.
7. Proceed alternating the colour layer till mixture is used up, make sure every layer is cooked before pouring the next layer.
8. Cool kuih completely before slicing.
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh (October 2011) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker