Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Deep fried beancurd with shacha sauce

Bought a few bottle of sha cha sauce from Taiwan while touring there last year, I have use it as dipping sauce for steam boat but still prefer our local spicy sauces. So try to make use of it for dishes when chance upon recipe that uses it so as to finish it fast.
I change the original recipe a little as I find the recipe is abit on the salty side.



Ingredients:

2 japanese beancurd
adequate minced pork
1/2 big onion (minced)
1 stalk sping onion (shredded) } for garnish -- I didn't have it at the point of cooking so didn't add it
1 red chili (shredded)              }

Seasoning:
2 tsp shacha sauce
1tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1tsp chicken stock granules
300ml water

Method:
1. Cut one japanese beancurd into 6 parts. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Dish up for later use.

2. Heat up wok and pour in oil, saute onion shreds, minced pork, and shacha sauce till fragrant. Pour in water, beancurds and seasonings, bring to boiled. Dish up and pour in cornflour solution(I didn't add as I prefer to simmer till sauce thicken), sprinkle shredded spring onion and chilli on top. Ready to serve.

No comments: