Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thai Style Tofu

I like the taste of this dish after eating it at a chicken rice shop last weekend. I did it for Sunday's dinner. Its not difficult to duplicate the dish, the shop uses soft tofu, I change it to firm tofu or tau kua because its easier to fry with lesser oil, replace the lime with lemon cos I only have lemon at home and I used chilli padi as I prefer this dish to be more spicy.




Ingredients:
3 pieces of firm tofu or tau kwa – cut into small pieces
½ cucumber – shredded

Sauce:
2 chilli padi – chopped
Juice from half orange
Juice from half lemon
1 tbsp of chopped garlic
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp fish sauce

Method:
1) Deep fried tofu till chrispy. Dished and set aside.

2) Place cucumber on top of tofu. Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl. Pour the sauce on the top of cucumber.

No comments: