Thursday, July 23, 2009

Braised Duck with Sea Cucumber

The sea cucumbers that my mum gave me during CNY are sleeping in the freezer, so I tell myself better cook it while I have the mood and the time, for this dish I didn't really follow any recipe, just come up with my own version. I used claypot to cook this dish as I felt it will gave the dish a better flavour and taste.



Ingredients A:
½ duck – chopped into small pieces
6 dried Chinese mushrooms – soaked
2 medium sea cucumber – pre-soaked in water
4 slice old ginger

Ingredient B:
3 cloves
1pc cinnamon bark
1 star anises
1 tsp salt
3 clove garlic
600ml water

Seasoning:
1 tbsp oyster sauce
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
¼ tsp pepper
1 tbsp cooking wine

Method:
1. Rinse duck. Cut mushrooms into half. Cut sea cucumber into large pieces.

2. Heat up 1tbsp oil in wok, fry ginger for awhile, add in sea cucumber and fry for 1-2min, add in duck meat and fry till all sides of meat looks cooked, add in mushroom and mix well.

3. Pour in seasonings and ingredient B. Cover and bring to boil, let it simmer over small fire for 50min or till duck is cook and soften. Serve.

No comments: