Kenny and the kids kept request to have pizza for breakfast, so have to make the pizza base on the nite before. I prefer to make the pizza base from scratch than to buy the ready made ones, the texture is softer. We always like to add lots of fillings on the pizza plus lots of mozarrella cheese, the picture may not look nice but it does taste yummy. This recipe was from Phoon Huat baking class...
300g Plain flour
100g Bread flour
12g caster sugar
6g instant yeast
40g corn oil - original recipe uses 72g corn oil*
Mushroom and Filament Stick filling:
10-12pcs Filament stick (diced)
100-200g button mushroom(sliced)
200g pineapple slices (cubes)
dash of mix herbs
250g Mozzarella cheese
Tomato Pizza Paste
1. Mix all ingredients except salt & oil.
2. Slowly add in salt and oil, mix into a dough (if dough is too wet add a bit of flour) and rest for 10-15min.
3. Divide into 3 pieces, each dough weighs about 230g. Proof for ½ hour to 45min.
4. Flatten the dough, put on pizza tray and proof for 1 hour.
5. Pre-bake for 10-15min (optional).
6. Spread the tomato pizza paste on top & sprinkle mixed herbs.
7. Arrange the straw mushroom, filament stick and desire ingredients on top.
8. Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese on top of pizza.
9. Bake at 220°C for 10-15min.
* I feel the oil content is a bit too much, so I reduced a little, I did add a little more flour when forming the dough.