Wanted to use up the green apples in the fridge, so use it to make apple streusel slices on Saturday nite, Kenny likes it very much he ate 4 pieces of pastry that nite, recipe from Alex Goh's cookie book...
50g icing sugar
8 green apples cut into cubes
100g icing sugar
zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
Mix the butter and icing sugar till well blended, Then add in milk and mix till well combined. Add in the sieved flour and mix well.
Cook all the ingredients till apples becomes soft. Let it cool and discard the water.
Cut the cold butter into small pieces. Mix with the remaining ingredients till it has crmbly texture.
1. Press the sweet pastry into base of a greased 25cm shallow square pan prick some holes with a fork.
2. Bake it at 180°C for 15minutes, then spread some apricot jam onto it while hot.
3. Place the apple filling into it. Then sprinkle the topping over the filling.
4. Place it at the lower rack of the oven. Bake at 180°C for 25-30min or till golden brown.
5. Let it cool for 10min and then remove it from the pan.
6. When cool, cut into slices.