First time doing this dish by making the terriyaki sauce from scratch cos I have all the wine and soy sauce at home, I adjust the recipe a little to make the meat tastier, perfer to pour the sauce over the meat so that the meat will get the flavour while waiting to be served. All like the dish very much especially the sauce...
2 pieces boneless chicken thigh
1 tsp salt
dash of black pepper
1 tsp wine
1 tbsp ginger juice
50ml Japanese soy sauce
50ml sake (cooking wine)
1. Wash the chicken thigh, marinate with the marinade for about 2 hours. Cut a few slits on some part of the meat so that the meat is easier to cook thru.
2. Mix the teriyaki sauce and set aside.
3. Heat up wok, place the chicken meat with the skin face down, pan fry for about 7-8 min, till both sides are slightly brown, pour out any excess oil which is from the meat.
4. Add in the teriyaki sauce to the chicken meat and continue to simmer till teriyaki sauce thickens.
5. Remove the meat from wok place on plate and pour the sauce over, and serve.