I was thinking about doing a cheesecake for a few weeks already, finally did one on Saturday night. Thought that the kids may not like cheese cake so I did half of the recipe in a 7" cake ring. Glad that the kids love it and ate 3/4 of the cake by Sunday evening.
200g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
100g melted butter
40g nibbed almonds
500g cream cheese
150g white chocolate, melted
200g sour cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 lemon zest, grated
100g whipping cream
1. Add nibbed almonds into the digestive biscuit base and mix well. Press onto bottom of 23cm springform tin.
2. Bake at 160°C for 10min and set aside to cool.
1. Cream (A) until light and smooth. Add (B) and cream until well blended.
2. Add (C) one at a time and cream until well combined.
3. Add (D) and cream until smooth. Add (E) and cream until well incorporated.
4. Sprinkle (F) over the biscuit base and pour the cheese filling over the blueberries.
5. Bake in water bath at 160°C for 60-70min or until just set. Turn the oven off and remove the water bath. Leave the cake in oven with door slightly open for 30min.
6. Remove the cake and chill in the fridge for 5 hours.
7. Release the cake from tin.
Blueberries can be replaced with peaces, strawberries, apricots or raspberries.