Made this melting moment last year during CNY festive season. This recipe was from one of Betty Saw's kitchen secret book, can't recall which one...
175 g unsalted butter
50g icing sugar, sifted
1tsp vanilla essence
135g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Line cookie tray with non stick parchment or grease, greaseproof paper.
2) Put butter and icing sugar in the bowl of electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
3) Add vanilla essence and mix well. Stir in sifted dry ingredients until well combined.
4) Spoon mixture, half at a time, into piping bag fitted with a 1cm-wide star nozzle. Pipe rosettes about 4 cm in diameter onto prepared tray.
5) Bake in the oven for 15 min or until golden and crisp. Transfer cookies on to a wire rack to cool.