Friday, October 24, 2008

Cashew Scottish

I hardly made cookies, unless I have the mood to do it. I think my brain is getting a bit rusty. I made mistake in this recipe. Was thinking that doing double the recipe cos 1 portion may not be enough, the dough end up too soft and I have to pipe out the dough, so I didn't sweep the milk as mention in the recipe. Days later then I realised that I should made the dough portion by portion instead of multiply the original recipe. Recipe from the book Biscuit Code .




Ingredients:
120g plain flour (sifted)
2tbsp rice flour (sifted)
125g butter
60g castor sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla essence
3tbsp milk
50g grounded cashew nuts
adequate cashew nuts(for decoration)

Method:
1. Beat butter, castor sugar and egg till light and fluffy. Add vanilla essence.

2. Fold in sifted ingredients and ground cashew nuts mix to a dough.

3. Cover and chill for 30min.

4. Roll dough in between 2 sheets of grease proof paper, and cut with a cookie cutter.

5. Place cookies on greased baking tray. Sweep with milk.

No comments: