My first attempt on char siew pau...haha...looks ugly, taste was ok. Need to practise more on pleating the pau in order to get a much nicer similing pau. Next time will attempt to make the dough starter version.
280g Hong Kong flour
120g corn flour
10g baking powder
200g Char Siew
1 tbsp oyster sauce
½ tsp salt
1tbsp dark soy sauce
1tbsp sesame oil
1tbsp corn flour
1. Mix the dough ingredient A together till dissolve, add into dough ingredient B and mix till well combined, form into a smooth and elastic dough, place in a bowl cover with a piece of wet cloth and let it rest for about 1 – 1 ½ hour.
2. Add dough ingredient C into the proved dough and mix till well combined, let the dough rest for 15min.
3. Cut the char siew into small cubes; mix in the filling ingredient C into corn flour solution and set aside.
4. Add a little oil into wok, add in char siew pork cubes and oyster sauce and fry till fragrant, add in the filling ingredient B and let it bring to boil, stir in the corn flour solution, remove from wok into a plate and set aside and let it cool.
5. Divide the dough of step 2 into 30g smaller dough, roll into a disk shape, wrap the char siew filling, wrap it up and place it on a piece of paper.
6. Place the char siew pau in a steamer, steam over medium high heat for about 10-12min.