Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chicken Pau

My friend told me about the link in Hugbear's blog so I tried it last weekend for breakfast, I hardly practise making pau so my pleated skill is lousy. I followed the chinese recipe linked in the blog and use filling in Agnes Chang's book. This pau is huge, was surprise to see the size of it the moment I open the steamer cover. The pau skin is very nice and soft.


For the pau skin and method, can follow hugbear's blog. The recipe yields 12 huge paus.


Filling:
300g chicken, cut into small pieces
1tsp ginger and shallot juice
½ tsp salt
1tsp Chinese cooking wine
2tbsp light soya sauce
1tsp sugar
¼ tsp pepper
1tsp chicken stock granules
3tbsp water
1tsp sesame oil
1tbps fried garlic oil
2tbsp diced spring onion (I didn't manage to get it at the time of marinating)
1tbsp corn flour
(original recipe also add some chopped yam bean (bang kuang))


Method:
Filling:
Mix all ingredients, stirring in one direction and chill for 3-4 hours before using.

For each pau skin, I added 1 tbsp plus a little bit more of filling then wrap it. Place it on a plate or steam tray lay with pau paper. Rest the pau for 15 min. Steam over medium heat for 15-20min. Serve warm.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Pau paper get from where hur?

Yuki

Jennifer said...

Yuki,

I bought it from kwong cheong thye,
http://www.kctsoya.com/
alternatively you can use grease proof/baking paper, but have to cut the paper into about 5cm sq pieces.

Jennifer