Friday, November 28, 2008

Banana Butter Cake

There were some ripe bananas and nobody wants to ate it, so I use it to make a butter cake. I prefer to bake in disposable loaf tin, ate 1 loaf and can keep the other and not messy too. Recipe from Kevin Chai's book.



Ingredients:
250g butter
250g caster sugar (I reduce to 180g sugar)
¼ tsp salt
5 eggs
250g banana puree
¼ tsp banana essence
250g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda

Method:
1. Grease and line a 20cm baking pan. Preheat oven to 175°C.

2. Beat butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.

3. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.

4. Add in banana puree and essence, fold in sifted flour, baking powder and soda. Mix until well blended. Spread into prepared pan.

5. Decorate with banana slices. Bake in oven for 35-40min or until cooked.

2 comments:

HK Choo said...

Nice! I am itching to bake again, hahah..will try this soon.

Jackie said...

i baked my first banana choc chips cake yesterday, and my is delicious ! i will defintely bake again, this time i will follow you, by using e disposable tin.