There were some ripe bananas and nobody wants to ate it, so I use it to make a butter cake. I prefer to bake in disposable loaf tin, ate 1 loaf and can keep the other and not messy too. Recipe from Kevin Chai's book.
250g caster sugar (I reduce to 180g sugar)
¼ tsp salt
250g banana puree
¼ tsp banana essence
250g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Grease and line a 20cm baking pan. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Beat butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
4. Add in banana puree and essence, fold in sifted flour, baking powder and soda. Mix until well blended. Spread into prepared pan.
5. Decorate with banana slices. Bake in oven for 35-40min or until cooked.